Program evaluation is seldom simply about making a narrow judgment about the outcomes of a program (i.e., whether the desired changes were, in fact, ultimately produced.) Evaluation is also about helping to provide program implementers and stakeholders with information that will help them strengthen their organization’s efforts, so that desired programmatic goals are more likely to be achieved.
Brad Rose Consulting is strongly committed to translating evaluation data into meaningful and actionable knowledge, so that programs, and the organizations that host programs, can strengthen their efforts and optimize results. Because we are committed not just to measuring program outcomes, but to strengthening the organizations that host and manage programs, we work at the intersection of program evaluation and organization development (OD).
- engage in the clarification of their goals and purposes
- enhance understanding of the often implied relationships between a program’s causes and effects
- articulate for internal stakeholders a collective understanding of the objectives of their programming
- reflect on alternative concrete strategies to achieve desired outcomes
- strengthen internal and external communications
- improve relationships between individuals within in programs and organizations